Wednesday, 19 November 2014

Foals Band Shots Ideas




In todays lesson I decided to look at an already existing music video by the same band that we are doing one for. I focused specifically on the band shots so that we could get some inspiration for our video that would make it look like it had not moved too far away from Foals' band identity.

The conventions of the genre of music imply that there are a lot of focus on the band and their instruments, in particular the lead singer and Foals are no exception. There where close ups of the guitar being played but also of the guitarists face which is something I will now use in my music video. When the lead singer was singing he was the centre of frame and the only thing in focus, suggesting that he is the star image of the band and he is the most important. This is also something else I will use in my video as it helps the video look more professional and also keeps close to the conventions of the genre of music. 

No comments:

Post a Comment